Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Shiver me timbers

I'm not really in favour of voting for "one issue" parties, but lets be honest here, my only alternative is to deliberately destroy my ballot paper come the next election, or just aim my pencil randomly somewhere.  The alternatives (apart from maybe the Greens) are just awful. 
 
The Pirate Party's campaign is at least straddling an area which gels very, very strongly with me. So they may just get my X.   
 
They are, apparently, the fastest growing party in Europe, and very popular with the kiddies.  And I'm only half convinced that file sharing is complete morally neutral.  The older I get, the more doubtful I become, but the heavy handed reactionaries in the music biz appear to resemble the horse and cart industry just after the 1,000th Model T rolled off a Detroit production line way back when. 
 
 

No comments: