Has any iBook G4 owner reading this ever received a shock from their computer, of the “ouch, dammit” variety, while working with it plugged into the mains? I only noticed this the other night when I was beavering away. My battery’s power level went into the red and so I did what anyone sensible would have, inserted the AC jack. I was sitting on the floor at the time, and was wearing shorts, or I don’t think I’d have noticed it.
As parts of the computer touched my bare leg – namely the metal screw fitting, and the front catch was touching my chest, I noticed a slight burning sensation. Since I had not been receiving injuries from I computer before that, I gathered it had something to do with me being plugged in. I removed the AC jack and…job done. No more eel impersonations.
Anyone else noticed this?