Thursday, November 17, 2005

I'm still blogging


I’ve avoided blogging for a bit because there has been nothing worth getting excited about. My job is as bad as ever and apart from that things are ticking along quite nicely. The Mac is working well and customer service from just about everyone we’ve had the joy of dealing with has been universally appalling.

I’m going to write a separate rant about this when I feel more motivated, but as its fairly late, Question Time is on TV and I’ve had a knackering week, me being the only person on the help-line, which should have five members of staff covering it, plus working a five day week when I have by right two working from home, I’m not motivated enough to do it. I’ve met an interesting bunch of yanks on a chat list called Blink Link, another blindy bunch o and we getting our rocks off talking about American politics and their relationship with the UK.

This always comes as a surprise, especially the reckless way the government of that country took it to war, but the Americans I’ve met on the net are far more clued up than us Brits give them credit for. So why is it that these people, who I would otherwise consider intelligent, likeable people, are only waking up to the fact that they were conned by Bush. Not that we did much better with Blair, but at least we plebs had the decency to disapprove of his warmongering.
I’m covering well trod ground here so will stop.

I’m writing this in Nisus Writer Express on the Mac, and so far, my favourite WP package. I just wish that MS-Word would talk to Voiceover then I’d use that. Oh yeah, it costs about £200 for the cheap version. Maybe not then. But Nisus is a friendly and competent package and there’s a good chance I’ll buy a proper licence since I’m only using the trial.

And finally, if you are wondering why there is a dog on the top of my page, its because Kizzie, Lynn's guide dog has retired. This is a picture placed in her honour on her last day as a working beast and demonstrates to the world that she isn't forgotten. Not bad for shot taken on the mobile. The tray was loaded with a full English breakfast, definitely deserved. She is now living the high life with a lovely family in commuter belt Surrey.

Gone but never forgotten, Kizzer. I never thought I'd be sentimental about a dog which wasn't even mine - just a pet. But they grow on you.

Mood: Tired
Book: Sight Unseen by Robert Goddard
Soundz: Madonna, Scritti Politti, rediscovered

No comments: