Thursday, December 08, 2005

Piers Morgan's political commentary

We've just returned from Krakow, and there will be a few blog entries relating to this trip. More on that later, when I get the pictures from the camera.

I am reading "The Insider" by Piers Morgan and oddly enough he has just shown up on Question Time. I found his diary informative and it really gives you an insight, in a rather tabloid way, what is going on behind the scenes in civil and political society. For a £3.73 Tesco cheapo bestseller, a good read and one that cuts through a lot of the media bullshit. I'm increasingly looking for the news behind the news, and hisi diary is a pretty interesting glimpse into that hidden world.

He may be out of an editing job, but watch this space - a commentator who I think we'll be seeing a lot more of in future months, especially as the Tories, under Cameron, look like they might be almost worth of taking on Blair. He knows Blair better than most, and unlike politicians in the Labour party, don't have the same very skewed points to make. He's a sort of working man's Paxman I'd say.

Mood: Pretty mellow - the mellowest I've been in ages
Book: The Insider by Piers Morgan
Sounds: Madonna's new one and Stephen 'TinTin' Duffy's Greatest Hits which is an excellent slab of 80s nostagia which has aged well. And how could I forget, re-discovered Scritti Politti's commerical successese. Nicely aged too.

No comments: