Thursday, March 20, 2008

For Danny Baker fans only

Went to see The Candyman, Amy, Kwo-ey and Baylon at the Hackney Empire last night. Not exactly what I'd expected but a lovely show anyway, and a great showcase for the BBC Concert Orchestra and the lady with the typwriter.

Anyway, just a quickie. Do any DB fans know what the tune "which is what you hear when you listen inside a 2 year old's head" is called? I've not heard this for a few years as I don't listen to the afternoon show (being as I am at work) but was an avid fan and a daily listener to his BBC London breakfast show (much missed).

It is probably a piece of ungettable library music, but if it does have a name or author I'd love to know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know the tune you mean - it's full of cymbals, piccolos and flutes and gradually gets faster and faster (or is that Danny adjusting the speed?) I was hoping the BBC CO would play it last night but as we arrived 10 minutes late, I'm not sure if we missed it.

Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the tune. It's a shame Danny can't publish snippets of the music he has on the show (on the BBC London site), together with the title and the writer - it would help the likes of us and increase cd/download sales- good all round I say.