Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Blame it on Peston - they do

I've just heard some bankers on Newsnight more or less claim that Robert Peston, the esteemed financial journalist, is "partly responsible" for the demise of Northern Rock. I didn't catch their names as I was having a shave at the time with the bedroom telly behind me. Life rocks on as usual in Dukcingham Palace.

I caught most of what they were saying though. Once I picked my jaw from the floor and glued it back on, I had to remind myself that these guys are:

1. psychopathic: a non-psychopathic banker can't do their job. the same as a intellectual, bolshy solider can't do his.

2. Unfortunately, sharing the same oxygen as me.

I suppose Peston could have told us all how wonderful things were cooking in that august institution's kitchen, and all would have been well. In fact, fine gateaux would have been served throughout the land.

Poor Robert. He does get excITE-ed to be sure, but I don't believe there'd be many, apart from a few rogue loopers who would claim he's actually inaccurate, or at least knowingly inaccurate.

ANY-way, his excitedness about all things financial make him SUCH an entertainer.

5 February: I found the story on the Reuters website:

http://www.reuters.com/article/GCA-CreditCrisis/idUSTRE5135MO20090204

No comments: