Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Feeling better

This past couple of days have not been too bad at all. On Saturday we celebrated Lynn’s birthday by assembling an IKEA TV unit round Mick and Krissy’s flat which now looks marvellous. I sneaked off to London Bridge and bought her a massive box of Leonidas chocolates, her favourite after Rococo’s in Chelsea, which I wouldn’t have had the time to visit. Then a trip to the Ministry of Spice in Evelyn Street, Deptford that is cheap as chips and highly recommended for its unusual dishes, such as the spicy lamb marinated in Bengali lime which I had.

Better news after my specs whinge is that I CAN get them fixed - for £12. Hardly going to break the bank and at least I have a good spare set as well. Opty managed to fix my current ones for nowt as well and they feel much more solid than ever before. I'll have to remember that next time I'm feeling pessimistic, which let's face it, is quite often.

On Sunday we went over to Brick Lane to pick her up a leather jacket which he managed to haggle down to £90 for cash. We first went to Petticoat Lane, and it’s changed drastically from being a reasonably good market, especially for leather goods, to being one that the average chav would be ashamed to shop at. Lots of very cheap and poor quality copies of Next and Wallis clothes. Really unimpressed. Will stick to Romford market for knock-offs, not that I buy many.

I’ve quite a bit to catch up on, so some random jottings for the time being:

First, the new flat screen telly is behaving really well (thanks parents for picking it up from Currys), and I’m so relieved our shed roof is now leak proof. The house is looking better than it has done in ages. I know this that the changes required were merely cosmetic, other than the roof, but there is something really depressing coming home to a rat-filled, messy non-snagged house. Our shed again: I was absolutely dreading going there next summer only to find the whole structure rotted through. Yet I am the worst person in the world for DIY projects. It meant giving my dad a lot of heavy duty hinting but at least the jobs that needed most doing are now done and the place is looking clean.

Bloody hell I sound like an ungrateful and incompetent sod. Incompetent I’d not deny. When it comes to things involving power tools and small bobbins of one kind or another I’ll leave that to someone else.

Mood: Much more cheerful than last Friday.

Moozik: Not playing any at the moment, watching DVDs (mainly Hitch-Hikers)

Book: New Best Horror from 2001. Need something light and easy to manage and this will do nicely, thanks very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for offering this great service to learn about sex store toy. I have a website about sex store toy which makes me very interested in what you have going here. I think I am going to start up my own blog so I can spread the news! Thanks you are offering this great service!

Anonymous said...

I was searching around for info on how to start a home based business. I found your blog Adam Holdsworth.

I was reading your post and believe it or not it’s helped me. Every tip I get helps, even if its just new phrases I have never used before, its helps me be a better mentor. This is my business link - work from home free uk - check it out and see what you think.

Anyways Adam Holdsworth, you have a good site. I'll be back.