Friday, November 05, 2004

Bush and all that

Well I have to say it. Like just about every literate person outside of Middle America: Bush. In. Sad day for America, a country I cannot help but like despite itself; not to mention the rest of us Brits who live under his indirect leadership. I feel so sorry for those sensible Americans who didn't vote for for this prize winning arsehole. I was reading in the NY Times yesterday about some moderately left-wing people in San Fran, and this is America where left wing is fairly moderate. Anyone vegan for example would probably be counted as a radical. The article described how sad these chaps were - in despair where the words it used - to be living under another four years of Bush. I got the same sense of battening down the hatches we had in Britain us moderate left-leaners onwards had after the Tories were voted in after the 1991 election. And I was only 21 then.

We can't even accuse anyone of vote rigging. Yet.

The Gaggia coffee machine arrived today and I've got to say even though I was a sceptical bunny about paying £365 for it, it does make the most wonderful brew known to mankind, or at least me. And it also means I just have to heave my fat body downstairs of a morning and hit one button for this glorious liquid to be produced. A wonderful thing overall.

Off to Nottingham tomorrow for the trams and because neither of us have been there before.

Tonight, the wife and I are watching Saturday Night and Sunday Morning to get us in the mood.

Kizzie is sh1tting herself over the fireworks which are constant after about 4.30pm. On the one hand, I have to feel sorry for her. She was so scared on Wednesday she try to take Lynn into every house along our road, she even tried jumping into cars - it didn't matter to her that they were all parked and locked up. On the other, I really wouldn't like her to kill the wife while she has one of her many "I'm going to freeze in the middle of the road" moments. So she has to go. Sorry Kizz.

Moozik: Art of Noise (Seduction of Claude Debussy), Pernice Brothers, Elliott Smith

Mood: Some sort of recovery, maybe. We'll see. I'm still emotionally riding the roller-coaster and get quite maudlin when I think of Joanne for too long.




No comments: