Friday, September 30, 2005

Yet more work joy

Not enough time this week for even a short blog.  So here’s a rant instead.  I feel a real sense of déjà vu writing this, so if I’ve repeated myself…..go a-Googlein’ for another blog.  A person happier than me.    

Things are going to rack and ruin at work.

Workload piling up – only two of us dogsbodies left now – the rest are all doing management shit.  Great, and necessary I know, but for goodness sakes, there were once five of us – now diminished.  The wokload hasn’t changed and me and my colleague (who I won’t name) are a) taking on this workload and b) getting complained at when it doesn’t get done on time.  Well SURPRISE fucking SURPRISE.  Do the effing maths yourselves.

Our redundancy notices arrive next Thursday.  I only found this information via second hand sources.

So the poo is hitting the fan, and no one is talking to us.  

And yet we’re just expected to carry on with life as normal.

Sorry bastards, I am a human and I am DEMOTIVATED, OVERSTRETCHED and frigging well PISSED OFF.  

I do hope someone from work reads this.

I did my second lesson of an Alpha Course this week.  Like Nick Cave, I don’t believe in an interventionist God (well, I’ve seen scant evidence of him being such) but I could do with some bloody divine intervention right now.  Though management intervention would be a good start.


Mood:  Oh, bloody wonderful, as you can tell
Sounds: ripping all our CDs to the new big box computer so getting a little taste of everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate people who only see negative in everything. Can you not see that this is an opportunity for you to prove how valuable you are to your employers? Do a good job and make sure the right people are aware of the fact. Even if your immediate boss is useless there are ways of getting the right people to see your potential.

Anonymous said...

If you know anyone interested in dog nutrition, have them stop by my site.

People who study dog nutrition tend to enjoy this program.