Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Suburban dliemma: blinds

Please tell me, is £1000 too much to pay for blinds?

They are blinds. Yes, venetian, wooden, slatted blinds. But light-stoppers. Curtain-replacers. Nothing that a couple of heavy blankets and some good quality string couldn't achieve.

We have a small 3 bedroom house. A very SMALL 3 bedroom house.

It has eight windows, one of them minute.

£1000. For flip's sake. Am I being a fuss-budget or am I about to be ripped off?

IKEA is where I'm going after I die. Celine Dion and Mariah Carey records will be playing over the tannoy on perma-loop. There will be no meatballs. There is no Swedish shop. There is no exit. There isn't even directions to a non-existent way out. Sartre mange le coeur, buddy.

But even I reckon a trip here, just a little weeny visit, with drugs and social workers to hand when required, would be preferable to paying this amount. They are very cheap in IKEA. Well, not very cheap, but not £1000 either.

Please tell me I'm not being screwed. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too bad you do not live in the United States.

http://www.gatorblinds.net