Friday, July 01, 2005

Back to blogging

It’s been a long time.

But I've finally decided to resume blogging after a case and extended combination of angst, laze, apathy and mild depression, which have rendered me simply unable to bother. However, summer is here and oh cliché of clichés, the warm weather does make you feel better, despite oneself.

I'm still full of the usual old cack, well it feels that way. So here's a news update.

- Carly is completing her A levels. Clever child. She's possibly going to Oxford Brookes. Her granny is business boasting to the whole of Craigavon, or at least that part still tuned in enough to care, that its Oxford University. I'm sure she's not the only Brookie to have that needless responsibility thrust upon her.

- Lynn is still working at RNIB, still doing the same job and we still live in Dagenham, in the same house. Only now we have a pile of glass outside as some chavmonkey fuckwit has broken a bottle there. Charge of the friggin’ bright brigade round here. Iinnit?

- My job is unchanged. As are my feelings towards it. Only now they've become less of a spike in the side, and more of a numbing, ever-there ache.

- Angus and Corie who I've mentioned previously, are in that nearlyhusband-nearlywife phase where it’s obvious to all and sundry that they are going to get married. But haven't yet, or indeed engaged, though its obvious Corie would if she could.

- Natasha is loved up with a guy called Ant (or rather, he’s become 'Tony' these days). As a consequence, she's become intolerable. When I mentioned the idea that (hey radical but cynical, which probably means correct) that this new found flufflove might not end in a fairytale wedding I was given a load of verbal telling me that I'm bitter and cynical. Well I am, but I don't require her telling me that. She's not talking to me, and until she lands on planet earth, I'm not too sad about it. We'll talk. When she wants to ask my opinion on why it failed. I'll be there for her, but it would be nice occasionally to have it acknowledged that my opinion is as valid as hers. Agreement for the sake of agreement does not equate friendship.

- I completed my creative writing course at City Lit. Good fun.

- Lynn is in Ireland so I'm cooking food, which as it happens, is ready now.

More laters. This time I'm back for good/bad/indifferent.



.

No comments: