Friday, July 22, 2005

Low grade fear - oh joy

Another bomb yesterday.

How very depressing. Just as we thought we could get back to work, suddenly, the whole ball-game is changing to what looks like the long haul.

If I were more of a cynic than I already am, and frankly, that's cynical enough for several good men, I'd think that the whole shebang is being manipulated, not by some religious zealots, but an Orwellian minded government bent on making the population under it as frightened, powerless and as manipulable as possible. Who knows, perhaps it is.

Someone got shot at Stockwell station. Not sure if it’s one of the bombers at this moment, but I do hope it is. They deserve the mercy they would have shown my wife, Kizz and me, i.e., none.

And to think, not so long ago I was a liberal do-gooder. Now I just feel like a stressed out c**t. Why isn't the government being criticised more than it is? A nice little (three months) holiday will suit our MPs anyway, who can jet off to Tuscany and small Caribbean Islands while the rest of us sweat it out on the Northern Line.

Oddly, I am much more fazed by this attempt, even though nothing really happened, than after the first, which we all thought inevitable after New York Are we about to enter a new Beirut? Would sincerely like to think not.

We were going to see War of the Worlds tonight, but alas, the cinema we elected to go to is not running Audio Description at all times. Oh no, that's far too complicated. To see it, we'd have to go on Tuesday afternoon - like, some of us don't actually frigging well *work* - or Sunday afternoon at 4. Well this Sunday I'm going to help out Mick with a job application.

I've read the first chapter of Chris Cleaver's book, mentioned a few articles ago. Please read, and when it comes out, buy. It’s the soundtrack to accompany the musical currently playing out in London. Its one of those reads certaion passages in which makes you shiver.

Mood: Grumpy and hacked off with knowing that the only way forward is low-grade fear (two close calls so far, so justifiable paranoia methinks)

Book: Hip Hop America
Sounds: Telly

No comments: