Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Too darn hot/bomb

Blow summer. I want winter back. No, not really, I love the lighter evenings and being able to sit in the garden eating al fresco. But I'm back to where I am with sleeping as last summer, in fact, for the past seven or eight summers I've not been able to kip.

What we lack in Britain is basic aircon. The Americans may have got some fundamental areas wrong,eg, building cities, but this is one area where I envy the average US Joe who can sit in their refrigerated house and enjoy the heat of the summer when it suits them, and retreat into an environment destroying but chilled environment. Stuff the planet - I want a human sized coolbox to call home.

It looks like the Met have the IDs of the London bombers, who were home grown, from Leeds in fact. Good on them. There has been reports of tension amongst non-Muslims and Muslims, but my own observations indicate that overall we've been fairly calm and understanding towards the Muslim population in London, most of whom, like everyone else, just want to be left to get on with their lives. The bombers are not Muslim extremists, just cold blooded murderers. The fact one of those trains would have passed through Upton Park, Muslim capital of London, tells me a lot about their stupid, unplanned bloodymindedness.

Music: REM
Mood: Uncomfortably warm
Work: (-10 to +10) 0

No comments: